Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Summer Stitching...

The dog days of Summer have arrived for me and I always have to remind myself to enjoy them! Especially since next month at this time, I'll be back in the classroom busy prepping for a new school year. Admittedly, sometimes I just enjoy having nothing to do and  the relaxation is rejuvenating!
 I feel like I've watched a few too many movies as I have found myself binge watching old movies from the 80's. But hey, atleast I've had my Anni Downs BOM stitching to keep me busy as I do:
I especially like that wool stitching is quick to prepare for as much as I like applique, sometimes the prep work takes a while. Our afternoons have been hot as temperatures hit 100 degrees. (Ugh! And to think just five months ago we were buried in snow.)  Anyhoo...my summer mornings have been spent reading, tackling various summer yard projects and my afternoons usually find me, taking life slow as  I enjoy those movies and sew or stitch to escape the heat! I'll finish quilting my Bloom quilt today and am looking forward to binding it as I enjoy some  Slow Sunday Stitching and yes, probably another movie this afternoon. Curious what your favorite "go to" is when life slows down a bit?

 Click HERE to post and join/rejoin us for this year's 

the Piggy Bank Challenge!

Note: This Linky is open until  August 1st. 
Please feel welcome to grab the code on my sidebar and and help spread the work to all your readers.
Val's Quilting Studio

19 comments:

  1. What a cute pattern. Totally worth all the prep work for such adorable blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is so cute ! Enjoy your movie and stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you are enjoying Summer to the max, Val. Good on you! Sweet little stitching project you are working on. Enjoy those Summer days as, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Autumn and the dreaded Winter will not be too far away. I am counting down the days till Old Man Winter leaves this part of the world. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's funny that wool applique is what you're finding relaxing on the hottest of days! The very thought of wool right now makes me pant and fan myself :)

    A really slow down day for me involves a lot of surfing the internet. If we have good, fast wifi, then I watch quilting videos during the day. After about 9pm, though, watching someone else sew puts me right to sleep...ZZZZZZzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it gets too hot to sew or garden, I grab a book and read away. Alas, being retired, I also spend too much time reading blog posts!
    Enjoy the rest of your summer.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there fellow teacher! I am doing much the same thing by trying to get as much crafting completed as possible. I love your applique pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Annie Downs applique looks like so much fun. Don't you just love hand work? I have a quilt to bind this week during those "movie" times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blocks. Always good to have something prepped for hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hand stitching so good to work on when it is so hot lovely project

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sleep in, make a sandwich for an easy meal, put on girly movies or a talking book for background noise and sew sew sew.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some cute blocks! Have fun with your next month of freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, if life ever DOES slow down for me, I'll let you know! Hah! Meanwhile, I escape the mayhem as often as I can, slinking off to my studio with my noise-canceling headphones, my scented candle, and a beverage for some stitchy bliss whenever I can manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Summer go slow is pp pattern designing. I often do that on the mornings then Netflix on the afternoons. Today I slept until 9.40am so I'm hoping to have a little more energy today

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Val I can't believe the school year is coming so fast already-I don't think I will get my quilt finished before then-so much "stuff" happening here again. we have had a very hot summer so far-cool down supposedly this weekend. I have been watching Hallmark movies and christmas movies in July-loving that while playing with wool enjoy the rest of your week hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds lovely and relaxing!
    If I have time, I enjoy hand stitching and watching old movies... really old!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me which movies you are watching. That sounds like fun.

    It is really hot here as well so I try to get out in the early am to walk and do yard work. Then I don't feel quite as guilty for hiding in the sewing room during the heat of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your bloom quilt...and the Annie Downs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are such fun blocks! I can't tell from the photo how large they are but they have lots of interesting details to look at.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...