Saturday, July 8, 2017

14/15 Saturday Sampler Finished!

Don't' ask me why it took  so long to quilt my 2014/15 Saturday Sampler but today I got it done.
With it's 10" blocks it measures 43"x 56"and would be a nice lap quilt or perfect for a little girl.

I used this Lisa's Lace Pantograph in white thread to accent the whimsical flowers in Deb Strain's  Bloomin' Fresh fabric line and with it's bright colors it's sure to make someone happy!

The back is just as fun....like a garden of flowers trimmed with it's binding of turquoise polka dots.

Though I'm sure Jackson would gladly keep this one for himself, I'll hold on to this bright and happy quilt awhile longer in hopes to find a special recipient to pass it onto...hopefully sooner than later. 
Wishing you a great weekend,

It's that time of year when we finally empty our piggy banks and splurge on something quilty! Click HERE to link your post.

Click the picture to read more!

Please feel welcome to join us here next Thursday, July 13th, as sign-ups for the  5th Annual Challenge will begin.

17 comments:

  1. It is a very happy quilt. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely quilt sampler quilts always appeal to me, the backing fabric is very pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty quilt. Love the backing fabric and of course Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt. Doesn't it feel great to have it all done? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish Val! I love the colors and the backing fabric...well done!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect panto choice, Jackson looks adorable as usual. He is just so precious, and I am sure he'd love to keep that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet quilt! I love that backing. Was it already in your stash?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and cheery quilt. Nice quilting job too. And with Jackson modeling it how could it not be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finish Val! Great job finishing up an older UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love that the quilting matches the backing fabric. Jackson looks so happy on the quilt. Are you sure you don’t want to keep it for him? :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of sight, out of mind. Once I put a project away in the closet it seems to just linger there. Luckily I have only one in the closet right now so that isn't too bad.
    This is such a sweet quilt Val. I love the colors and I am a sucker for a sampler. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty quilt. I am in love with that sweet backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous finish, Val. I have a Saturday Sampler from...ahem...2009! The blocks are finished and I have the fabric for the sashing/cornerstones...just need to get busy :)

    Jackson is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a darling quilt. Congrats on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...