Friday, June 30, 2017

2017 Classroom Quilt: Finished!

I spent a good part of the morning on our deck stitching the binding on my classroom quilt...
...which led me to a Friday Finish!! Yipppeeee!!!! 

I found this fun crayon fabric in my stash and thought it was the perfect accent to the kids' colored panels. I even splurged and if you zoom in, you'll see I used a crayon pantograph!

As I later busied myself with getting ready to run some errands, 
I came around the corner only to find somebody fast asleep: 

One of my errands was to the local library to pick up some summer reading...where what better place to take a final picture of this Classroom Quilt that illustrates all the various story "themes" we read throughout our past year in 2nd grade.
Summer is a great time to quilt with kids and this method is an easy way for them to do just that.
Click HERE for my detailed tutorial on how to make the colored panels.
Washing Note: I used two color catchers in the first wash. No color run. 

WIN quilt batting this summer. Click HERE to read how.

I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.
Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.
WIN quilt batting this summer. Click HERE to read how.


17 comments:

  1. Love this! It would make a great quilt for grandparents from grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom quilt turned out great! The crayon backing and pantograph are perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kids will love this when term starts again. What would we do without colour catchers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that library pic!!!! And Jackson is an adorable heartbreaker as usual, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish and love the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous quilt, Jackson is just too precious asleep on it, LOL!! What do you do with your classroom quilts when they are done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enter them in the county fair under the kids names. Then they go in the classroom for student use during story/reading time. Students often find joy in finding their older siblings blocks. This one I'm also planning to hang during our Open House night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Jackson looks so adorable testing out the quilt for the kids! Such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lime green binding! And the crayon backing and quilting is darling. But the idea to photograph it in the children's library section? Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! I love the crayon backing. And I clicked through to your tutorial; that will be fun to do with my son in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So amazingly awesome! I love crayons, books, kids and quilting - and you combined all of them! You made a perfect quilt in my eyes! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - it is wonderful! Love the Abe block especially.
    the kids and you did a great job. The crayon backing is just right

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful quilt. Great job by everyone. The photo is just right. (Did you get up on a ladder? or was it the upper level?) How nice that they stay in your classroom and the next class can look at who made each block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun--the kids will love it and what a perfect place for it's photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice finish, Val. I love the picture in the library...so appropriate. Of course, nothing is cuter than Jackson :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome and educational classroom quilt! Love the crayon backing.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...