Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tuesday Archives #139: Memory Quilts

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: MEMORY QUILTS

Hi guys! I have spent time the last two days revisiting Jo's process of "pixalating" a quilt in memory of her young son John. Jo and her family lost John tragically in a car accident  just four years ago. 
When I first saw this quilt I was amazed at allllll the little pieces. But in reflection, realized that it was in that exact process of putting all those pieces together that guided Jo towards putting the pieces of her own life back together as she gradually finds a new sense of normalcy without John in her life. We've emailed a bit this week and I find strength in her journey as a parent and comfort in use of quilting to help her heal. It is with honor and respect that I highlight Jo's series of creating this beautiful memory quilt of a son lost too soon: 



Val's Quilting Studio

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is am amazing quilt. 4500 1/2" squares in daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, still here and reading, just not commenting much lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Val. You are so kind....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The featured quilt is amazing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo is such a talented quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that Jo lost her son. The quilt looks so good. She is very talented.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...