Sunday, December 27, 2015

Holiday Travel = Slow Stitching

The holidays are always a good time for some slow stitiching aren't they. We left Christmas Eve day and returned yesterday afternoon from our Christmas festivities at our with our daughter and son-in-law's. Though our time together was short, it was filled with all the joys of Christmas and family. 
Hubby and I were especially grateful for the safe (and beautiful) road conditions.

Seven hours (total) on the road created the perfect opportunity for me to bind my Christmas Quilt...all 128 inches of binding! And the added bonus: I was warm and cozy the entire trip and had a quilt to use on our bed when we got there!
It's always good to be home and today I plan to continue tackling  my Winter Sewing list.
But before I get too productive, I'm going to fix myself another cup of tea and see what all of you are have been working on as I link up at Kathy's Sunday Slow Stitiching.
Happy Sunday friends.
PS: After I visited all your posts, I noticed my comments may come up as a no-replyer. I fixed my status but please do check your "social" (or wherever your no-replies) go folder. UGH!
Val's Quilting Studio

12 comments:

  1. Good plan--I think binding is the perfect road trip project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of all that time on the road! Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Enjoy the rest of your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sewn binding on a quilt while traveling. It is so relaxing, and you can still continue to see the lovely countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, I'm glad you fixed your no-reply. What a great way to enjoy a car ride and have a major stitching project completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing all that binding. Looks like you had a snowy drive. We drove home in the driving rain yesterday, but we were very thankful to be spared the blizzard conditions that existed in other parts of the state. Glad you fixed your no-replies, I noticed that you were coming up that way earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love combining long travel times with stitching -- yours timed out perfectly!! Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps -- you did come up as a no-reply on my blog. Thanks for dropping by and your very sweet comment!! :)

      Delete
  7. Binding is always a great car trip project, but it would be tough with such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous drive there, Val and your quilt is so pretty. Isn't it wonderful to do a little hand stitching as your significant other wears the 'driver's hat'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to do binding in the car! It keeps me awake and turns sitting in the car into a productive time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a perfect way to travel! Cozy and productive! Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...