Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday Archives #58: Prairie Points

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: Prairie Points

Prairie Points are definitely on my "To-Do" list. I soooo want to add these to the border of a quilt or two! I found this detailed Prairie Point tutorial on Craftsy. It includes an illustrated 10-step method for making and nesting prairie points to create a special edge on your quilt. 

Prairie point binding on quilt

I've also had my eye on this Pinwheel Baby Quilt posted in 2009 at the Moda Bake Shop. This link will take you to a really cute, 36"x44" baby quilt pattern made with one charm pack and a bit of fabric! The pattern also includes quick instructions for adding those prairie points!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do the Moda Bake Shop baby quilt. I made one and couldn't part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used prairie points as leaves or bits of decor - nothing is on my blog. So I will enjoy those posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This baby quilt makes me want to go sew, did I just mentioned I was NOT going to make anymore baby quilts for a while? Well maybe my while isn't a very long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny this is your topic today --- right before checking you out I had just ordered Susan Cleveland's Prairie Point Pressing Tool for a little project I want to do! I've only done one project with PPs but I made them out of one fabric so was able to use the "continuous prairie points" method. There's a lady that has videos on You Tube showing that method with one, two or multiple fabrics. However you make them, definitely give PPs a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that same quilt using the moda pattern :) i'll post a link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Val. I just wanted to let you know that I drop in regularly. Sorry, I don't have any prairie points to share. Have a wonderful linky party without me :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made Prairie Points, they certainly add a nice touch to a quilt. I love that Moda baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...