Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday Archives #2: Apples & Applique

Welcome to:

Val's Quilting Studio

The linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 

It's as easy as 1,2,3.
1. Each Tuesday I'll post two quilting/sewing themes.
2. Search through your quilting archives for old posts to link under the theme.
(And/or as  Celine at Espritpatch  did, feel free to create a new post about an older  quilt made "pre-blogging time".)
3. Finally,visit a few other quilty friends,  let them know how they have inspired you!
(The linky will be left open for three days each week.) 
This week is all about :

APPLES

I found this apple trimmed hexagon flower in my archives. It's part of my Hexagon Memory Quilt and is one of the very first flowers I made while learning to EPP.





APPLIQUE...


This was my BOM in 2013. It was a kit from Buggy Barn, appropriately called: Garden Party. I absolutely love applique work. So I find myself especially looking forward to whatever applique tips, techniques, samplers, totes, and quilts you have to share. Have fun and welcome!

Annndd don't forget about this:

PS:  Thank you to everyone for your support! If ya get a chance to add my button to your blog and/or linky party list, comment on this post to let me know you did and you'll be entered in a "surprise" fabric give-away! (Give-away winner will be announced Sunday, March 30th)
Val's Quilting Studio
Happy Archive Rejuvenation!
With smiles,
Val:)



18 comments:

  1. I have your button on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added your button-but wondering if you have a little smaller version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a smaller version at this time....these things are hard to make...LOL!! If you can tell me how...please do. I would recommend, just ""copying" the button picture. Resize it in a word document and add it to your linky party or sidebar as a picture and link it to my blog address: myplvl.blogpsot.com. Hope this helps. V:)

      Delete
    2. Vicki, you can try changing the HTML. Try adding width="90%" inside the image part of the HTML (the part that starts with 'img'), which should change the size of the image to 90% of the original image. I temporarily undeleted my blog to test it, and it worked for me. You can edit the percentage to your liking (the only problem is that the image becomes less clear the more it is change from the original size).


      Delete
  3. I've put your button on my blog, and I've also Tweeted about this post. You can see it at https://twitter.com/MtnQuiltworks/status/443383974971203584

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your applique quilt , it is very special. I also had a problem with the size of your button. I removed it before, but I will put it back again. I need to re-vamp my blog design. Like everything else in my life, it is a WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the button....I was so happy to even accomplish making a button!! LOL! Please see my comment above:)

      Delete
  5. Good sunny morning! Finally found my 'round tuit and got your button up on my sidebar, lol! Have a super day! I'm off to get a coffee refill and then maybe some dance practice before working on a new square for a bee I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, I have you posted on the left side of my blog jeannegwin.blogspot.com All y'all come over and hang out with me. I sometimes have something meaningful or at least funny to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally found the two posts that I could share today. Could you give out the categories on Monday, so we would have time to look for the appropriate themed posts? I don't have my labels set up correctly, and I've forgotten what is in where.
    This linky party is very fun - being themed, and from archives. I enjoyed reading some of my very first posts... I was actually funny then... a lot has happened since then.
    Thanks for the memories, Val.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking now I have the linky party off and going....that I'd actually keep a monthly theme list att he top of my sidebar, right above the button, so everyone knows the weekly linky themes for the month. And,,,I can include a "next week theme reminder" in each weekly post. Awesome input!! Thanks Terri!

      Delete
  8. I have your button on my blog, and second the request for advance notice on the themes. Sometimes it's hard to think of something that fits the theme right away! I still can't think of any apple quilts that I've made, but at least I remembered my favorite appliqué quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never seen this BOM, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute EPP block - that apple fabric is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love your Garden Party Quilt - I gravitate towards applique and art quilting more than piecing, so I will totally linkin' up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just added your button to my side bar :-) Love looking back at "old" quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...