Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Applique WIP continues

The weather outside is frightful...

...but the sewing is soooo delightful!
With a high of 8 degrees and a low of -12 below, over a foot of snow on the ground, and my husband at work, I spent today in the studio. I never got out of my jammies. I had Lifetime Movies on in the background and was determined to finish prepping the final panel of applique for my Garden Party quilt. ( I got it done!)

I was not looking forward to the "tree".  Once I basted it down, I decided to sew it on using a small blanket stitch using my sewing machine:
It came out good and now I can enjoy sewing down the flowers, kitty and that cute owl.

Also for all you appliquers out there, check out what I found at the grocery store:
Love that in the right corner it says: "Make Quilt Appliques." (HAHAHA!!)
I also glue baste my applique using Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It when  pieces are this big.
Hope everyone is keeping warm.
Thanks for stopping by...
With smiles!

13 comments:

  1. Looking great, Val! I have done some garment sewing this weekend. Crazy work week ahead, ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Val - the quilt is going to be just beautiful. Stay warm now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those days when I can stay in my jammies all day and the Lifetime movies are on...it is those kinda days that I get a lot of sewing done. Your quilt is going to be awesome!! We have light dusting of snow in SE Michigan but they are predicting snow over night. It could make for a slick commute in the morning. Have a wonderful week!! Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly...it's fun to watch the quilt evolve. Now...back to the work week for a lot of us...thankful for a rejuvenating hobby though...and I already got the little owl sewed on during the Amazing Race finale last night!! :)YAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pajama Day today, SNOW DAY outside. Love your work.
    Merry Christmas. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! A lot of work there. That snow looks so cold. Nice you took a sewing day in your jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work and keep warm inside....brrrr!! It is funny that finally they have realized what we really buy freezer paper for! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was reading my own story of being in my jammies all day! Good to know I'm not alone. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt is outstanding but that puppy face... oy! how cute!!
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...he is my constant companion! Will often lay on the quilt whenever I have one spread out on the floor like this! LOL!

      Delete
  10. Cute puppy. I have two dogs that keep watch over the progress of my quilting. I live in Minnesota and I spent the day in my sweats. You are not alone in wanting to be warm and comfortable while it is snowing. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to make one of these appliqued quilts. Stay warm. Merry Christmas. I'm a new follower. We quilters gotta stay sewn together. :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...